| John Sawoski Keyboardist Composer Producer |
Unless otherwise specified, all music copyright © and (P) 2010 John Sawoski, published by Million Oaks Music (ASCAP). All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. Any use, transmission, broadcast, synchronization, or reproduction without owner consent is prohibited. All web content copyright ©2006 John Sawoski, PO Box 7060, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. (310) 590-6000. All rights reserved.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Updated: July 06, 2013
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
John Sawoski in Stanford Magazine
- The May/June 2002 issue of Stanford Magazine spotlights John Sawoski. Click here to read the article:
John Sawoski musical directs The Leading Ladies in concert and on upcoming CD
John Sawoski is continuing to work as musical director, arranger, and pianist with The Leading Ladies - three sopranos who have played Christine Daaé in The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and across the US, as well as having performed in over 100 other musicals. The Leading Ladies recently delighted audiences at Theatre West in Hollywood with a reprise of their show A Treasury of Words and Music (originally performed last year at The Library of Congress in conjunction with The Kemper Open). They are currently planning more concerts for a variety of venues and are working on an album to be released later this year.
- Scheduled concerts include:
- Nov. 22-24, 2002 Oklahoma City (Oklahoma City Rep),
Dec. 7, 2002 at Cal State Fullerton's Plummer Auditorium
Feb ?, 2003 - Avon, CO (unconfirmed)
May 11, 2003, Palm Springs, Annenberg Theater
- and more...
For more details, join The Leading Ladies mailing list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LeadingLadiesTrio/ To hear music clips of The Leading Ladies with John Sawoski, click here.
John Sawoski Performs with Capistrano Valley Symphony
Summer 2002 - John Sawoski is performing Summer Pops Concerts at Mission San Juan Capistrano with the Capistrano Valley Symphony orchestra - featuring classic symphony sounds and show tunes and popular music from the 40's to the present day in the beautiful Mission courtyard. The music begins at 6:10 p.m. each evening; four concert evenings remain this season:
- June 23, 2002 - 'Let Freedom Sing' - A celebration of freedom and American featuring the 50+ voices of the Bonner Singers under the direction of Dr. Gary Bonner.
- July 14, 2002 - 'All About Romance' - From the sounds of Tchaikovsky played by this year's new talent to the romantic themes made famous by the motion pictures of the past century.
- August 25, 2002 - 'Hear my Song' - Irish Tenor Dennis McNeil, who has performed throughout the world, including the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City, provides an incredible evening of classical and popular selections.
- September 22, 2002 - 'Cabaret Internationale' - Susan Kohler takes you on a tour of the Cafes and Cabarets of France, Italy, Germany, the U.S. and points unknown for what promises to be a "torchy" evening.
Tickets: $15 -$55. For tickets and other information, call (949) 240-8584.
John Sawoski's Solo CD Still Available
John Sawoski's first solo piano compilation CD "I Believe in Love" is still available here. Selections from the CD topped the MP3.com listening charts in autumn of 2001 (click here and here to see the charts).
Highlights of John Sawoski's other appearances and projects
- Kodak Cinematography Awards Ceremonies (for cinematographers nominated for Academy Awards and Emmys): Musical Director/Arranger/Pianist (featuring musical excerpts from the nominated films/TV shows).
- May 17, 2002 - Students for Individual Liberty, Los Angeles Harbor College: Keyboard Music for political rally featuring Tammy Bruce (former radio host, former President of LA NOW, and author of The New Thought Police: Inside the Left's Assault on Free Speech and Free Minds).
- Original (recorded) piano music composed for Samuel Beckett's Act Without Words. Currently playing at Santa Monica College - presented as part of 4 short plays by Beckett (others include Catastrophe, What Where, and Quad). One remaining show performance: May 23, 11 am Studio Stage. Free to the public.
- Swan used on Sweeney Todd July 26 to Sept. 1 2002, PCPA Theaterfest, at the Performing Arts Center at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria, CA will present Sweeney Todd with orchestral enhancement provided by Swan Orchestral Systems (software by Paul Nahay, keyboards and computers programmed by John Sawoski). For information and tickets to the show, please see http://www.pcpa.org/play7.html. For information about Swan Orchestral Systems and Swan Software, see http://www.swansos.com.
- Studio under construction - John Sawoski's new project studio, designed by architect Doug Humphries of Dada Design, will soon be constructed in Los Angeles, to provide a range of services from song demos to album projects to film scores. For more information on services and equipment, see: smg.htm
For more information, please contact:
John Sawoski (Click here for email address)
- PO Box 7060
- Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Business Calls: (310) 590-6000 or (323) 874-1997
Fax: (323) 417-4992
Last updated: 10/30/12