| John Sawoski Keyboardist Composer Producer |
Unless otherwise specified, all music copyright © and (P) 2010 John Sawoski, published by Million Oaks Music (ASCAP). All Rights Reserved. International Copyright Secured. Any use, transmission, broadcast, synchronization, or reproduction without owner consent is prohibited. All web content copyright ©2006 John Sawoski, PO Box 7060, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. (310) 590-6000. All rights reserved.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Updated: July 06, 2013
John Sawoski, Pianist
John Sawoski works alone and with distinguished colleagues to provide the highest quality musicianship to a diverse array of discriminating clients.
- Accompanying and Musical Direction
- John Sawoski has musical directed and orchestrated for The Leading Ladies and Dennis McNeil. He has also musical directed for MTG's Saturday Night and Dear World; LATC's Assassins; Hello Mudduh, Hello Faddah; Funny, You Don't Look Like A Grandmother at the Santa Monica Playhouse; the legendary Peruvian operatic jazz singer Yma Sumac; the Radio City Christmas Spectacular (asst. MD); and John Forster's Both Barrels. He has played for the Los Angeles Music Center Spotlight Awards (televised on KCET), accompanied Frank Sinatra Jr., Michael Feinstein, Michael Crawford, Dale Kristien, Rachel York, Lisa Vroman, Monica Yunus, Audra McDonald, Davis Gaines, Sam Harris, Lucie Arnaz, Jim Carrey, Seth MacFarlane, Johnny Crawford, Bobby Burgess, Mable King, Regis Philbin, Susan Lucci, Jack Imel, Marilyn McCoo, Billy Davis, Jr., Taylor Hicks, Rodney Gilfry, Lisa Vroman, Les Miserables, Wicked, Avenue Q, The Color Purple, Legally Blonde, Rock of Ages, 9 to 5, Seussical, Spamalot, The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, Disney's Beauty and The Beast, The Secret Garden (click here for a photograph of John with composer Lucy Simon), Cathy Rigby's Peter Pan, The Mark Taper Forum, The Sunrider International Industrial (produced by Carabiner), Diahann Carrol, Mabel King, Rhonda Fleming, Cardinal Archbishop Roger Mahoney, and more. Click here for piano accompanying flyer.
- John Sawoski has recently played for numerous recording sessions, including a special Mahler arrangement of Schoenberg art songs, recorded with members of the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and LA Philharmonic. John Sawoski's piano-playing can be heard on the soundtracks of numerous films, including the HBO movie Live from Baghdad, The Starter Wife and Lemo (for Finnish composer Tuomas Kantelinen). He arranged, played, conducted, and co-produced the album The Leading Ladies. He also recently arranged, orchestrated, played and conducted the music for The Feast of Lights, by Tannoz, and an upcoming album by Shmueli Schwartz featuring 30 musicians recorded at 5 studios. He has played piano on a lounge revival version of "Nun Seh Ich Woll" (from Gustav Mahler's Die Kindertotenlieder) on the Skip Heller CD, Couch, Los Angeles (click here to listen). Mr. Sawoski played on and recorded flutist Zachary Valenzuela's recent album, Masterworks for Flute, as well as playing and arranging on Peter Sheridanís low flute album Below (Move Records, Australia). His other recording credits include playing keyboards for Robert Drasninís album Voodoo II (Dionysus Records), Japanese pop CD The Adam Yurman Project (Crown Records, Tokyo), jazz musician Carl Rigoli's albums, and for Saylor Shin (Korean vocalist and #1 hit songwriter). Mr. Sawoski has composed and played music for the children's variety TV show pilot What's Shakin', played on the TV show Wings, and played and arranged music for the independent film The Woman Chaser (featured at the New York Film Festival at Lincoln Center). He was also pianist for The Baloney Song, Oscar Mayer Fat Free Ham (Radio Commercial), and has performed on and produced countless demonstration recordings for numerous artists, many at his own studio. Please click here for complete resume.
- Appearances on TV and Movies - Live from Baghdad, Wings, Will & Grace, Veronica's Closet, LA Confidential, The Wedding Singer, Frasier, Jim Carrey's Man on the Moon, Las Vegas, and more. Click here for a large page of images and animations.
- Solo Piano
- Music for your social functions and corporate events. John Sawoski has played for American Presidents Nixon, Ford, and Bush, and Mexican President Vicente Fox. Click the links for:
- Symphonic Concerts and Shows
- Concerto appearance with the Stanford Symphony. Pianist/keyboardist, Santa Barbara Chamber Orchestra, The Riverside County Philharmonic, the Capistrano Valley Symphony, Disney's Candlelight Concert, and the Orange County Four Seasons Orchestra. Summer 2013 will be John Sawoski's 6th season with The Pageant of the Masters Orchestra. Please click here for resume.
- Click here for information on hiring John Sawoski and Distinguished Colleagues for Weddings, including RealAudio samples
Need more information?
Please click here to request more information or a price quote.
Copyright 2007 John Sawoski, PO Box 7060, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. (310) 590-6000. All rights reserved
Last updated: 10/30/12